Saturday, September 20, 2008

Where's wally

My doll went to Melbourne and I follow her to the opening of the exhibition next week. A gathering of some bloggy friends and a night out in the city is what I'm looking forward to most! Before the doll left, she got some very long 'where's wally' type arms just to show I don't take myself too seriously. This is supposed to be a representation of my 'inner self' - somehow my inner self was screaming out for stripey arms. I don't ask, just sew.
If you want to see the whole doll (or even splash out and buy it) she will be at the Fracture Galleries, Federation Square - Cnr Swanston and Flinders Sts. Dates: 24th of Sept to the 12th of Oct. Opening night: 5:30 to 8:30pm, 25th of Sept. But be warned, my inner self doesn't come cheap, she's about the price of a return plane ticket from Sydney to Melbourne...funny coincidence that.

One of my customers sent me pictures of these dolls she has kept since childhood. Gotta love a removable apron, thanks Abbe.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Of course she would not be cheap - Apart from her obvious gorgeousness, dolls take lots and lots of time.

Annie said...

Love the arms and LOVE the gorgeous fabric that arrived last week.

erika said...

Have a great trip, I love to be there to but I guess that will cost a lot of dolls, perhaps in the future I will make a trip to Australia! Have fun with the girls!!