Monday, January 12, 2009

truth

My workspace... I have thought about showing my area all clean and tidy. But let's be real - that won't happen so quickly. After listening to another crafty podcast on Craftsanity where the blogger chatted about people not being real and only showing the clean snippets of life in their photos and text. Or only sharing the good times and not the bad, I thought it was about time I 'fess up.
While I'm at it there's another thing to say that is not up for discussion. I am a single Mum and have been for over two years now. This has been very painful and still is. Please don't leave comments about this. I'm trying to move on with my life and not dwell on this one.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see all of the beautiful creations hitting your shop, I pause to wonder just what am doing with all my time!! This makes me feel normal, cos my space looks pretty much the same (just without as many beautiful creations!) None of us live in a perfect world. keep up the beautiful work, and thanks for sharing a little bit of your world with us.

Jesse said...

I really love the photo of your craft room. I keep trying to have a clean, pretty room to work in, but I can't think unless it's a bit of a mess...

Anonymous said...

This is the most brilliant photo I've seen on a blog in a long time. Thanks for being real!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

You came out!!

I don't feel so terribly horrified at my own craft area now. Thank you :D

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have you got a new place??
Kirsty

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

looks like my dining room table... :)

Jacqui said...

Thank you for not posting a photo of a workspace where everything is beautifully co-ordinated and contained and that is a work of art itself! I work in a state of chaos which partly reflects my inherent messiness and partly the state of my mind at times. I frequently tell myself that from now on I will tidy and be calm and collected but "yeah right" I get there anyways, just slightly more slowly. :)

Unknown said...

I show it all, good, bad and ugly, on my blog. Sometimes it may be painful to do, but it is all a part of my life.

Anonymous said...

yay! at last an honest craft blogger! right now i'm making plum jam and the kitchen is a total mess and splattered with the bright red liquid that jumps from the pot. the girls are trying to watch a dvd but the sound is not working. the dog has a bucket on her head to stop her itching her paws and there is washing all over the dining table. in between stirring i'm reading blogs. thanks for your photos and narrative.

Theresia (minoridesign) said...

this is great, just like my home, thanks for sharing!
love reading your blog(s)!
Greetings from sunny UK!