Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New dress

Here is the first of many (I hope). The weekend was full of swimming and not much sewing. So here is the one thing I managed to produce while Jack was asleep (and a bit more sewing while he played with Harry).

The dress is Simplicity 4675 with a few modifications - binding around the neck and armholes, a tie around the waist and a contrast hem.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute dress! I love the contrast hem.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this is so nice! I love the contrast of the binding - and the fabric you've used is so pretty!

kath red said...

your site is lovely - looking forward to visiting again

Anonymous said...

pretty dress and I love the bag below. You make lovely things.

crafty badger said...

What a lovely dress, love the colours, gorgeous!!

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

that dress is beautiful. I'm amazed by all the wonderful things you are creating...

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, the fabrics you've chosen are gorgeous !

Toni said...

So pretty! Lovely colors. I really your bag to.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Mollycoddle, so glad I did. Your dress is gorgeous!

beki said...

Nice dress- it looks so cool and comfy!

Stacy said...

That dress and fabric is fabulous. Right up my alley!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours, the alterations you made to the pattern, and the style! Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the dress!

Anonymous said...

Your dress is beautiful. I hoping to teach myself to sew over the next few months. Thanks for pattern reference...will keep this style in mind after I have learnt how to work my way around a sewing machine. As I live in Country Victoria I am looking out for online fabric suppliers. Will keep an eye on your site for ideas and inspiration. Thanks...Lisa in Bendigo, Victoria

Anonymous said...

The dress is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

And to think I knew you before you were famous.

Anonymous said...

You design gorgeous wedding gowns too. Well done.

Anonymous said...

love your work! there's a shop in rhode island that would be great for you -- frill! she carries kara-line too...http://www.kara-line.com/ actually now that i think of it another couple here on the cape too...

Anonymous said...

K - you are so talented. This site is great, well done. Why did you have to moveback to Oz?

Anonymous said...

My you have been busy!
Love the 'tiny bags'

Anonymous said...

Love frock! Want one please!!
Jodie xx

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. I want one!