Thursday, June 26, 2008

cats and dogs


A little brainstorming with my work friend, Sarah, a few months ago produced these ideas based on my bunny design. Sarah wanted to keep going until we had a whole zoo, but I showed self control and limited it to just the 3. Today one made it off the page! I think the tail needs to be thicker and the face a little bigger.

Then I made a little trip to Hazelhurst Art Gallery and they had a exhibition on dogs. I loved it. Which would have my friends that know me well laughing. I am not a dog person. When I was 5 my parents bought a puppy. After 3 days they gave it back. I remember standing on the lounge for 3 days straight, I liked to look at the little thing, but don't let it near me!
poetry book in background: count me the stars by kylie johnson.

12 comments:

Inklore said...

I love the kitty..it has such a friendly face.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your cat design - it has a sweet face and looks great in your charcoal fabric.

edward and lilly said...

Very cute cat. I love seeing the original sketch alongside the final outcome.

Fer said...

Oooo a kitty cat!!! I want, I want! A doggy sounds good too. :o)

Black Eyed Susie said...

I think she's gorgeous! I've seen your bunnies in Cocoon and am coveting one for my little girl.

avid crafter said...

Aww that's so cute! There's just so much expresssion in the face.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my english, but my langage is french, so... I 'm visiting your blog since some weeks and I want to say I really do like the things you're making. Bien à toi,

Julie said...

What a lovely journey and process. The cat is great and looks quite jolly.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love them! WEll done!

em.s said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! Great concept executed with flare! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Well done - he looks great (hope it is a he). Nothing like finding the time to get that drawing off the damn piece of paper and make it a reality.

Kristine said...

Such a cute cat. Love the colour.